Here's a Tip, Always Tip Your Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comments From Real Tipped Employees

5 posters

Go down

Comments From Real Tipped Employees  Empty Comments From Real Tipped Employees

Post by CD Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:53 pm

The following messages are from servers describing their experiences with the tipping systems.Cool

CD
Admin

https://heresatip.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Comments From Real Tipped Employees  Empty Re: Comments From Real Tipped Employees

Post by gel0008 Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:07 pm

I was serving a table with a middle-aged couple. They were knit-picking everything I did: I took too long getting drinks, the table was too dirty, I apparently even put too much ice in their drink. When it came time to receive their bill, the woman had left to use the restroom. The man looked me in the eyes with this smirk and slid my tip into the pocket of my apron right over my hip. I was so disgusted my manager forced me to go on break. The fact that if he comes in again I still have to be nice to him in order to get money to pay my bills pisses me off.

gel0008

Back to top Go down

Comments From Real Tipped Employees  Empty Re: Comments From Real Tipped Employees

Post by Elizabeth.Burke Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:16 pm

I'll have parties of 10 who won't tip. It's infuriating when I do all this work and try my hardest to do my job right and I receive no gratuity. If you can't afford to tip you can't afford to eat out.

Elizabeth.Burke

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren mclachlan Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:32 pm

I worked my first job as a server at 16, I was very uninformed of how tipping worked at at this time, and therefore was easily taken advantage of by my employer. I remember some weeks receiving as little as or less than $100. This was always distressing, but I had assumed this problem was my fault alone. Looking back now however, I have realized that my receiving that kind of pay was actually illegal. I don't remember my employer ever paying my tipping difference, they never helped me reach the minimum wage requirement. If this problem is still occurring in workplaces, then tipping is very important.

lauren mclachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by katie0034 Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:45 pm

A customer once wrote on their bill "Here's a tip, its raining outside, use an umbrella." rather than writing in their actual tip. I've never been so angry in my life, but I had to give this man his card back with a smile on my face.

katie0034

Back to top Go down

Post by katie0034 Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:49 pm

Elizabeth.Burke wrote:I'll have parties of 10 who won't tip. It's infuriating when I do all this work and try my hardest to do my job right and I receive no gratuity. If you can't afford to tip you can't afford to eat out.

Ugh i hate when large party customers don't tip! i feel like this happens often, you'd think you'd get a big tip from them, but nah.

katie0034

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum