Here's a Tip, Always Tip Your Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tipping in West Virginia

3 posters

Go down

Tipping in West Virginia  Empty Tipping in West Virginia

Post by CD Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:05 am

Minimum wage laws protect all employees. Employees are entitled to earn the full minimum wage per hour as set by federal or state law. Currently, the federal minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. The minimum wage in West Virginia is $8.00 as of January 1, 2015, and it will increase to $8.75 on January 1, 2016. West Virginia employees are entitled to the state minimum wage because it is higher than the federal minimum wage.
In West Virginia, employers must pay tipped employees at least 70% of the minimum wage. As of 2016, in West Virginia, employers must pay tipped employees at least $6.13 an hour, but may take a tip credit of $2.62, as long as the employee makes at least $8.75 with tips.
In West Virginia tip pooling is also legal. Many states allow this. All employees subject to the pool have to chip in a portion of their tips, which are then divided among a group of employees. Again, the employee must be able to keep at least the full minimum wage.

CD
Admin

https://heresatip.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tipping in West Virginia  Empty Re: Tipping in West Virginia

Post by Klebo Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:22 pm

Wait, I didn't know that if I tip a server directly it still get's divided out. I thought when I tipped them they got all of it???

Klebo

Back to top Go down

Post by katie0034 Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Klebo wrote:Wait, I didn't know that if I tip a server directly it still get's divided out. I thought when I tipped them they got all of it???

The more you know!!!! Basketball

katie0034

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum